Aaron has spent many years skiing and climbing throughout the US and made the San Juans his home in 2005. He has skied extensively in the backcountry of the Sierra Nevada, Cascades, Wasatch, Tetons, and Rocky Mountains. He worked as a staff trainer and lead instructor for Outward Bound leading courses up to 30 days long. He is Level 3 avalanche certified, is a Wilderness EMT, a Level 1 AIARE avalanche instructor, and a proud father. Aaron also owns and operates Southwest Rescue, which provides Wilderness Medicine Training and Swiftwater Rescue Courses. Aaron instructs primarily backcountry skiing and avalanche coure programs for SJMG in the San Juans. He has completed his AMGA Rock Instructor Course and AMGA Ski Guides Course.
- Started guiding in 1998
- Started with SJMG in 2007
- Education: Master of Arts in Adventure Education from Prescott College
- Certifications: WEMT, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: None
- Favorite Ski Descent in the San Juans: The Battleship
- Best thing after climbing: A tall, cool Budweiser