Andrew is the Managing Partner of San Juan Mountain Guides. He also teaches our Avalanche Courses and guides our Backcountry Ski trips in the San Juan Mountains. Having climbed and skied extensively throughout the US, Canada, and select locations in South America, he’s developed a particular affinity for the study of avalanche phenomenon here in the San Juans. Don’t expect to reach Andrew by phone or email on a powder day, as he’s sure to be doing “field research” in his quest to find the most stable line to ski. Previously, Andrew ran an economic consulting firm in SW Colorado.
- Started guiding in 1995
- Started with SJMG in 1995
- Education: BA Anthropology/History; MPA – UC Boulder
- Certifications: AMGA Ski Guide, WFR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Canada
- Favorite Ski Descent in the San Juans: Turkey Chute
- Best thing after climbing: Anything fried