Ben instructs rock, ice and mountaineering courses in the San Juans, and in Utah’s Canyonlands. Ben is an accomplished rock, ice, and alpine climber and has a passion for teaching other aspiring climbers. Ben completed a degree in Outdoor Leadership at Western State College in Gunnison, CO. During his time there he climbed extensively in the Black Canyon, navigating many of the canyons more difficult routes. He has also climbed extensively throughout Colorado, and Utah’s Canyon country, as well as up north in Denali, AK.
- Started guiding in 2006
- Started with SJMG in 2008
- Education: BA Recreation/Outdoor Leadership – Western State College
- Certifications: AMGA Rock Guide, WFR, Level 2 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: France, New Zealand, Canada, Thailand
- Favorite Climb in the San Juans: Lightline
- Best thing after climbing: Planning the next climb