Dave works year round as a ski and mountain guide, spending summers in Alaska working for Mountain Trip and in the Cascades, and winters working at San Juan Mountain Guides. I n 2008, I led a small team up the remote and committing Muldrow Glacier route on the north side of Denali and also climbed the West Buttress. Mountain Trip is convinced that makes me the first climber to summit from the north and the south in the same season. I’m not certain, but it was sure a great summer!
Dave guides and instructs ski, avy, and ice programs for SJMG in the San Juan Mountains during the winter. Dave is also an AMGA Certified Rock & Alpine Guide.
- Started guiding in 2001
- Started with SJMG in 2008
- Education: BA in Outdoor Education and Leadership from Western State College
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Alpine Guide, OEC, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Argentina, Chile, Mexico
- Favorite climb in Ouray: Ames Ice Hose
- Best thing after climbing: Fried pickles at O’Briens with friends and a good soak in the hot springs