Gary guides rock climbing, mountaineering, and skiing in the San Juans, Tetons, Wind Rivers, Canyonlands, The Black Canyon, and Red Rocks. Gary also guides many of our trips in Mexico, and South America. A former personal trainer, he specializes in achieving realistic climbing goals through hands on education, helping his clients build confidence through progressive challenge. Gary is also a guide for Exum Mountain Guides and Rainier Mountaineering Inc. Gary is a fully certified IFMGA Mountain Guide, having received his Rock, Alpine, and Ski Mountaineering Certifications from the American Mountain Guides Association.
- Started guiding in 2005
- Started with SJMG in 2007
- Education: BA in Kinesiology from University of Northern Colorado
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock, Alpine, & Ski Mountaineering Guide, WFR, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Argentina, Ecuador, Mexico, Greece, Cuba, Las Vegas/li>
- Favorite climb in Ouray: The Ribbon
- Best thing after climbing: The hot tub and cold plunge.