Matt has been professionally guiding for five years with ten years of climbing experience. He has an extensive ice and rock climbing background in New Mexico and Colorado. In the last few years Matt has also worked in the Cascades and Alaska building his repertoire in the alpine realm. Matt is a native of New Mexico with significant knowledge and skill developed over an extensive history of climbing and traveling throughout the American West. In his off months he gets to spend his time in New Mexico with his amazing wife and kids. He is passionate about climbing and enjoys exploring new areas as well as taking out new climbers and introducing them to such an amazing world. Matt has completed his Advanced Rock Guide and Advanced Alpine Guide Courses with the AMGA.
- Started guiding in 2007
- Started with SJMG in 2009
- Education: University of New Mexico
- Certifications: AMGA SPI, WFR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Italy, France
- Favorite Ski Descent in the San Juans: Bird Brain Boulevard
- Best thing after climbing: Ice. Cold. Beer.