Nate is the Owner/Director of San Juan Mountain Guides. He has climbed and guided extensively in North America and abroad. He began guiding in the St. Elias Mountains and has also guided on Mt. Rainier and Denali. He has a BA in Psychology and a BA in Organizational Communications, is a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) and is Level 3 Avalanche Certified. Nate is also an AMGA Certified Rock & Alpine Guide, the highest level of certification available for guides working in that terrain. Nate also serves on the AMGA Board of Directors.
- Started guiding in 2002
- Started with SJMG in 2003
- Education: BA State University of New York (SUNY) Geneseo
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock & Alpine Guide, WFR, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: India, Peru, Ecuador, Canada
- Favorite climb in Ouray: Skylight
- Best thing after climbing: Coming home to 4 year old Mason and 2 year old Addison.