Home | A Few Photos from a Weekend in the Mountains
- Alpamayo Expedition Wrap Up
- Alpamayo Expedition Updates July 1
- Alpamayo Expedition Update 06/29/17
- Alpamayo Team at Base Camp
- 2017 Alpamayo Expedition Update
- 2017 Alpamayo Expedition has begun June 26th
- Get to Know Your Guide Jim Turner
- Q&A with Andres Marin on Setting the Ouray Ice Festival Elite Mixed Competition Route
- 2017 Ouray Ice Festival Clinics
- Early Season Ice Climbing
I wanted to let you let you know about our recent trip to Ouray. We have used San Juan Mountain Guides every year since 2001 for our ice climbing about at the Ice Park and in the surrounding backcountry areas. This was our first year at the Ice Festival and what a great time it was! We know that every year SJMG will teach us and test us on the best climbs in the area. Thank you and your staff for everything and we look forward to seeing you guys next January.
JB and I now feel like we can go into the backcountry and safely plan our trip, pick our travel routes and travel techniques and most importantly work together to have a great time out their while being safe……we will be highly recommending that our friends take this course too!
Some girlfriends and myself decided to take an Avy 1 Class to prepare ourselves for some backcountry turns. We were recommended San Juan Mountain Guides and were not let down! These guys do a great job of introducing newbies, such as myself, to the potential dangers of backcountry travel and to the fun possibilities of educated decision making. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone who is looking to travel high in the winter!
Just wanted to drop you a line and express how much I thoroughly enjoyed your ice class. It was fun to spend sometime with a climber of Andres ability. He was a terrific instructor an a joy to be around. You have a great service and I will be back again….Thanks again for a thoroughly enjoyable two days.