Andres grew up in Ibague, Colombia. His passion for guiding has allowed him to guide in all types of terrains, such as rock, alpine, skiing and high altitude. In 2011 he and his partner received the Mugs Stump Exploratory Grant to go and climb new peaks in the Southern part of Kyrgyzstan on the Kyrgy Chinese border. They were the first American expedition on the range and established two alpine-style first ascents. During the 2011/2012 ice and mixed climbing competition season, Andres stood on the podium in every competition ranking him as a world class mixed and ice climbing competitor.
- Started guiding in 2003
- Started with SJMG in 2006
- Education: Sound Engineering Javeriana Unversity, Columbia
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock & Alpine Guide, WFR, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Columbia, Europe, Slovenia, Romania, Hungary, Russia, Spain, Kyrgystan, China
- Favorite climb in Ouray: The Talisman
- Best thing after climbing: Get up, tune up, pump some iron, watch UFC.