I have worked and climbed in a variety of areas including Argentina, Russia, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Italy and all over the western U.S. I grew up on the south side of Denver and began climbing around Rocky Mountain National Park with my Grandfather at an age when I would sometimes get carried to the top. I began rock climbing in Eldorado Canyon before leaving for college at Western State College of Colorado in Gunnison, CO.
After years of rewarding days in the mountains I am now a full time guide, based in Ridgway, CO with my wife Brittney and our fearsome cat Powder. Although I’ve had the opportunity to explore many ranges around the world, the San Juans of Colorado will always be my home. Over the years, I have earned my AMGA Certifications in the Rock and Alpine disciplines and hold my Ski Aspirant Guide certification and hope to achieve my full IFMGA certification in the near future. As a guide I revel in a variety of ways to enjoy and be immersed in mountain environments… from skiing steep couloirs, alpine routes, trail running, kayaking, big wall rock climbing, sunny bouldering, mountain biking and almost everything in between. I think of myself as a lover of many outdoor crafts and I enjoy sharing my passion with others.
- Started guiding in 2001
- Started with SJMG in 2008
- Education: BA in Outdoor Education and Leadership from Western State College
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock Alpine Guide, OEC, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- AMGA Ski Aspirant
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Italy
- Favorite climb in Ouray area: Ames Ice Hose
- Best thing after climbing: Fried pickles at O’Briens with friends and a good soak in the hot springs