Dawn was born and raised in Brunswick Ohio. In 1996, at the age of 21 she moved to the Black Hills of South Dakota. This is where she learned to rock and ice climb. After 8 years in the hills, Dawn wanted to explore bigger mountains and more complex terrain. In 2004, Dawn moved to Bellingham Washington to begin a career as a mountain guide. She now lives the life of a mountain guide as a year-round resident of Ouray. In the spring and fall Dawn spends her time traveling and road tripping to different climbing destinations. Dawn has also competed in the Ouray Ice Festival Competition for the past 4 years, winning the women’s’ division in 2009.
- Started guiding in 1998
- Started with SJMG in 2005
- Education: BA in Outdoor Ed. Black Hills State University
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock & Alpine Guide, WFR, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Europe, Norway, Greece, Iceland, Croatia, Sardinia, Montenegro
- Favorite climb in Ouray: Bird Brain Boulevard
- Best thing after climbing: When the car starts.