Eitan began guiding in New England while he was a student Colby College in Maine. After graduating with a degree in anthropology he began guiding in WA, CO and soon after all over the US. He love’s the variety of guiding ice, rock, mountaineering, and skiing. He feels it is a privilege to get to teach in Ouray, the world’s best ice classroom and to ski the beautiful San Juan powder.
Eitan Green passed away last May in an accident on Mt. Rainier’s Liberty Ridge. To honor Eitan’s legacy with San Juan Mountain Guides we are keeping him on our guide bios page. To read about the incident on Mt. Rainier further, please click here
- Started guiding in 2007
- Started with SJMG in 2010
- Education: BA Anthropology – Colby College
- Certifications: AMGA Rock Guide, WFR, Level 2 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Argentina, Does Alaska Count?
- Favorite Climb in Ouray: Bird Brain Boulevard
- Best thing after climbing: Hot springs, duh.