Gary’s passion and grace for climbing begun in his infancy. Born in Northern England to a climbing family, he grew up on the traditional crags of the UK and classic mountains of Western Europe. A now self proclaimed “Coloradan”, he has resided in the outdoor Mecca of Boulder Colorado for the past 25 yrs. He’s now happy to call Ridgway and the San Juan’s home in winter.
- Started guiding in 2008
- Started with SJMG in 2009
- Education: BS Biology – Fort Lewis College Durango, CO
- Certifications: AMGA Rock Guide, WFR, Level 2 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: UK, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Madagascar
- Favorite Climb in Ouray: Skylight
- Best thing after climbing: Orvis Hot Springs