An east coast native, Jeff came to the San Juan Mountains after ski patrolling the slopes of Vermont. He now spends the winters and summers in southwest Colorado, guiding climbers on alpine peaks and teaching avalanche safety courses, ice climbing, and rock climbing.
Each spring he heads north to Alaska to guide on Denali. Jeff has climbed and skied all over the country, with highlights including ski descents of Mt. Rainier, Mt. Sneffels, the Spearhead Traverse in Whister, B.C., and rock climbing in the Tetons, Sierra, and North Cascades.
- Started guiding in 2011
- Started with SJMG in 2014
- Education: BA Philosophy, Middlebury College
- Certs: Wilderness EMT, Avy 3, AMGA certified single pitch instructor
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada
- Favorite climb in Ouray: Snake Couloir
- Best thing after climbing: Sharpening the tools for more