Mark is a Washington native and has been climbing since 1991 and guiding since 2001. Domestically his guiding experience includes extensive Alpine, Ice, Rock and Ski trips in the Cascades and Sierras with additional experience in the Alaska Range, Coast Range of Canada, Red Rocks, NV, Joshua Tree, CA, the Tetons, New Zealand, and Patagonia. Mark’s academic background is in geology with an emphasis on mountain building processes.
- Started guiding in 2001
- Started with SJMG in 2009
- Education: BS in Geology from WWU
- Certifications: IFMGA/AMGA, WFR, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Antarctica, Europe, Norway, Nepal, China, New Zealand
- Favorite climb in Ouray: Jesus Build My Finger Crack
- Best thing after climbing: 20 year neat