Matt Pickren guides a wide variety of trips from rock or ice climbing in the San Juans to backpacking in Utah. Matt has climbed big walls in CO, UT, and CA and over 60 desert spires. Matt is active on the local rescue team and has graduated from Fort Lewis College with a degree in Biology. Matt has become one of our most requested guides and after you experience his enthusiasm for climbing and the mountains you’ll want to climb with him again too!
- Started guiding in 2005
- Started with SJMG in 2005
- Education: BS Biology – Fort Lewis College Durango, CO
- Certifications: AMGA Rock Guide, EMT-B, WFR, Level 2 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Ecuador, Thailand, South Africa
- Favorite Climb in Ouray: Anything in the Black Canyon
- Best thing after climbing: Pulling from the guidebook shelf and planning the next climb