Dale is an Internationally Licensed Mountain Guide (IFMGA) and Technical Director of the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA). Never one to focus on a single aspect of climbing, he is an accomplished all around climber with high-end skills that cover all disciplines of climbing including; sport, trad, mixed, ice and alpine. His passion depends on the season, feeling equally happy on WI6, M8 or 5.12.
Whether climbing in Switzerland, his local crags in Eldorado Canyon, seeking perfect untracked powder around the world, or mastering techniques for classic ice routes in the Canadian Rockies, Dale loves helping both new and experienced climbers and skiers achieve their goals. Dale’s quiet determination and love of the mountains will generally ensure success with a smile on his face.
- Started guiding in: 1993
- Started with SJMG in: 2011
- Education: AMGA Mountain Guide Program, Class of 2006
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock, Ski, & Alpine Guide, WFR, CPR, Level 3 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Canada, Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland
- Favorite climb in Ouray: The one I’m currently on. If I had to choose one it would be Ames Ice Hose
- Best thing after climbing: Seeing my dog light up!