Mark is one of the original SJMG guides working in Ouray. He has been teaching ice climbing longer than any other active guide in Ouray. Well known for his calm and no nonsense approach to ice instruction, Mark is one of our most requested guides.
A true water ice master, Mark makes climbing steep and delicate ice look easy. Mark is also an Instructor with Rigging for Rescue, Ouray county EMT, and a member of the Ouray Mountain Rescue Team. Mark is a superb person to work on your balance, technique, and confidence.
- Started guiding in 1994
- Started with SJMG in 1997
- Education: Navy Nuclear Power Training Unit
- Certifications: AMGA Certified Rock Guide, WEMT, Level 2 Avy
- Countries you have climbed in outside the US: Australia, New Zealand, Tajikistan, Nepal, Norway, Ecuador, Canada
- Favorite Climb in Ouray: Annie’s Arete
- Best thing after climbing: More climbing