Canyoneering Private Guiding
Custom Trips & Itineraries
Ouray, Colorado has become a mecca for canyoneering in the summer months. From Intro Canyons such as Portland and Angel Creek to the more advanced Oak Creek and Cascade Canyons – there is something for everyone. We can arrange for a number of custom trips, itineraries, and curriculums for canyoneering in Ouray during the months of June through September.
Whether you are a first time canyoneer and would like to learn the basics of the sport on a 1 day Intro Course, or you have a large group that you would like arrange some canyoneering for – we can put it together for you.
Let us plan your trip!
Don’t hesitate to contact us at your convenience for help choosing the right trip for you or your group. We specialize in organizing custom trips and itineraries and our office staff is always ready to answer any questions you may have.
Call 800-642-5389, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the button below to submit a trip info request. We look forward to hearing from you!
Just to let you know; you guys came highly recommended by several sources. So much so, that no other business was even mentioned. Your professionalism in the business, community service, quality of service, and safety standards were all highly regarded. Thanks for setting the standards higher!” – W. Doucet
- Clothes: for warm weather and a pair of shorts for under your wetsuit
- Towel (for after the canyon descent)
- Water: 2 liters or more/ person
- Closed-toe shoes: for the approach hike; we will provide your climbing shoes
- Rain jacket
- Food & snacks
- Backpack: to put all this stuff in, plus the harness, helmet, and shoes we provide you
Can you climb a ladder? Are you excited to try new things? This would be awesome for you!
There are no prerequisites for the Portland Creek Canyon trip. All you need is a great attitude, sense of adventure, and the gear. We’ll take care of the rest!
1Follow Up Programs
I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed climbing with Pat on Saturday and Sunday. We got a lot of hard routes in on both of those half-days, and I had a ball. More importantly, Pat is a great guy; I really enjoyed our time together. – N. Subashi
Ouray, Colorado: Getting Here
Ouray is located in the SW corner of Colorado, approximately 30 minutes south of Montrose. Known as “The Switzerland of America”, the town of Ouray is a vibrant outdoor oriented community. All local businesses are very friendly to the ice climbers who flock each winter to climb in the Ouray Ice Park and surrounding areas.
Flights: The best option for flying to the area is to fly into Montrose, CO. Many airline options exist, and most connections originate from Denver, CO. It is also possible to fly into Durango, CO, Telluride, CO, or Albuquerque, NM. It may be necessary to rent a car and drive to Ouray if you’d like to fly into one of either of these airports.
Driving: Below are some approximate driving times if you’d like to drive to Ouray. If you plan on renting a car, please consider the winter weather when selecting your vehicle and at a minimum choose something that offers either front wheel or all-wheel drive.
- Montrose, CO: 45 mins
- Durango, CO: 2 hours
- Denver, CO: 6 hours
- Albuquerque, NM: 4.5 hours
- Salt Lake City, UT: 6 hours
Hotels: Ouray has a number of great hotels, suites, and vacation rentals for you to stay in while you’re in the area. Give our office a call at 800-642-5389 if you have any questions about what would suite you best for this trip!
- Box Canyon Lodge
- Ouray Chalet
- San Juan Chalet
- Guiding and instruction with an AMGA Certified/Trained Guide
- All canyoneering gear
- Round-trip transportation to and from climbing area and our office
- Not Included:
- 5% land use surcharge
- Guide gratuity
- Registration and Cancellation:
- Advance Registration is required for this program. You have the option to either call our office and register via phone, fill out our pdf Registration Form and send it in via fax or email, or utilize our secure Online Reservation System. All participants must read and sign an Assumption of Risks/Liability Waiver and agree to our Reservations and Cancellations Policies.